Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My baby...



From the day, strike that, the minute she was born, things began to change. The first to evolve was my thoughts on the birthing process and the vagina in general. After seeing my new baby sister enter the world, I thought to myself, I want NO part of this most unnatural, most painful, and most gnarly thing my little 10 year old eyes had see up to date. Right then and there I decided that having kids was just not in the play book for me.

Ironically watching her grow and how much she has changed over the years, now at the ripe age of 18, I get a little emotional, like a parent would, thinking about the first time she ate baby food and refused to use a spoon. Or when we would talk in fake Spanish when she was 3. Putting her to sleep, the weird glasses that we would put on her that would turn her into a loony psychopath....all the little things seem to add up and morph into a big ball that lodges into my throat, chokes me up. I feel like I have had my kid for this lifetime, of course without the financial and "roof over her head" aspect, but you get the gist. Now she is this hugely determined, kind, beautiful young woman growing right before my eyes. But to me, she will always be my baby.

Photo by: Candyland

No comments:

Post a Comment