Friday, January 13, 2012

H&M













Chatting with Duckie about my Harold and Maude melt down the other week, made me realize that I haven't posted this yet. It's a cult classic that has stolen my heart. It's a package deal with everything I love. You have the socially uncomfortable Harold, a 17 year old rich kid that gets zero attention from his parents and acts out the only way he knows how, faux suicide attempts. Each one better then the next.Then you have Maude, a 79 year old that frequents funerals and steals cars for fun. Their paths cross at a random funeral and their adventure skyrockets from there. I have to say that after watching it I was severely depressed.(for 30 minutes) I won't spoil the end, but I will say that if you are not a fan of Cat Stevens, this movie is not for you. He sound tracks the whole thing, much like Simon and Garfunkel did for the Graduate. If you can get pass that, then I think Harold and Maude has potential to be in the top 10 position in your Netflix queue. Do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment