Monday, February 13, 2012

One day at a time



These epic portraits were the inspiration behind my attempt at a Harold and Maude piece of my very own. I tend to have the "I can do that.." type of attitude. I finished my sketches yesterday, now comes the hard part. Getting the them on the canvas and coloring in. I have such a hard time putting color on black and white. It seems so clean and simple, just leave it the way it is black and white, can't go wrong right? No. Not true. Harold and Maude were characters full of life and color. It would be a discredit to the film and the actors not giving it color. SO, with that said, I shall keep calm and color on and try to find the appropriate size daises for my background. That's right, this is going to be my first third dimensional piece. Yeahhh Captain EO, OH so steezy...

Photo: found from old etsy seller almostfamous

No comments:

Post a Comment