Friday, August 5, 2011

Peter Burgetti



I will never understand how some people with money treat others that don't have what they do. There is a fine line between arrogance and aloofness. Being the CEO or owner of a business doesn't mean shit. If there is anything I can't stand, it is bragging about how much money you have or how many companies you own. I have met many of these types of people working a front desk job in the Costa Mesa/Newport area. We see everything from attorneys, musicians, athletes and tv personality's (c list celebs but tv personalities none the less) and none of them have been as non shalant and as care free with their stupidity then some of our "more fortunate" patients or as Molly Ringwald a la Pretty in Pink would call them "Richies". I just don't know how some people with money act the way they act in public. And I say SOME because the devil always has an advocate and there are in fact some trust fund babies out there or even hard workers that have made their millions and are still down to earth cool folks that can have a normal conversation and look you in the eye while doing it. Everyday Joe shit. But it seems like there always has to be one troglodyte that has to ruin a good morning with something stupid to say. Here are some examples of what that would look and or sound like.

* "Why are the lights so dim in here? Can't afford the light bill?"
* "Well I don't work a desk job so I wouldn't know."
* "Time is money so hurry up!"
* "Put it on my tab."
* Throwing money at someone when you are nowhere near a strip club is never fucking cool. Never.
* Totally disregarding a NO CELL phone sign even when it is turned and pointed directly at you. On purpose.

I could go on but I won't. I'm tired. Moral or the story is treat others the way you would like to be treated. Or better yet talk to others the way you would like your grandparents or parents talked to. Everyone is entitled to have a bad day. But when being a dick to others becomes the norm for you, it's time to take a long hard look at yourself and realize that you are not perfect. You are human and you are no better then any another person no matter how much money you make a year or which building is your on PCH. Because before you know it, you will have tried the patients of a really nice person and she will feel like the only thing she can do to retort is to blog about you, Peter Burgetti. (I have changed the last name because you all don't know my Father aka I'll find your ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment